Balance Transfer sent to wrong account - Advice Required please

Fresh Eyes
    Hi folks,
    I'd be really grateful if anyone could advise on my current situation. I logged in to my Tesco bank this evening to check on my balance, a relatively new card I applied for recently - mainly for a balance transfer. When i logged in i was slightly confused to see the balance still the same as it was when i applied, yet i have a pending amount showing for the balance transfer but zero payments due so its all a tad confusing. Further investigation shows that i must have given the wrong account for the balance transfer.. I have a few things going on at the minute and am annoyed with myself but not surprised at the same time. A bereavement and my Father has dementia so its been a rough few months - a lot going on right now you could say (but don't we all). Does anyone have any idea if i can sort it myself? Will i need to call Tesco and speak to them? The funds haven't hit the intended bank at all as that accounts in credit so i'm assuming thats the reason for the failed transfer?? I'd appreciate any advice here... feeling annoyed and silly right now...

Thank you
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @dawsonbarry, I'm sorry to hear about the way things are with you right now and hope things pick up again for you real soon! With regards to your account and the balance transfer, have you checked the details you have given us for that? If so and they are incorrect then please give the Credit Card team a call on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm). Some of our services are closed from 5pm until 8am. The advisor you speak to can cancel the transfer and then redo that for you. If the details of the transfer are correct, then it may be that you haven't activated your card after you received it? You would do that through our mobile app or by calling us. If you want, you can send us a Private Message to @Tesco-Bank and we can check your card is activated.