Minimum payment due date error?

I made a minimum payment to my credit card 1st September in time for the cut off (being 27th). The app still says that a minimum payment is due by 27th September however my transactions clearly show I made this payment on 1st. Can anybody help as I don't want to incur late payment fees in error
  • 15 Replies

Employee
    Hi @RhiaJade

As long as your minimum payment is made between when your statement is produced and the payment due date, then you'll be fine. If you've paid before the statement is produced, then it counts as an early payment, but doesn't address the statement minimum.

When you say that the cut off is the 27th, do you mean that is the due date or when the statement is printed?
    Sorry I mean it's the due date. Oh dear I didn't know this would be the case I just wanted to pay the bill soon as my wages came through!
    Former Your Community Expert
    Right okay thanks , so you'll just need to be aware of the period between the statement date and the due date and that a payment will need to reach the account between those dates. You can always set up a direct debit even just for the minimum amount which means your payment will always be covered but you can continue to make additional payment when you like.
    online appears to have changed my minimum payment due date...... my statement online arrives 8th of each month and due date was always 28th but on checking my current spending states minimum payment due 2nd September. I always pay in full around the 12th of each month and have never incurred charges. Am worried if I don't make another payment by 2 sept I will be charged interest.Sorry for gate crashing the original post I'm new to the community and not very techno savvy
    Above and beyond
    Hi Please don't worry it's only telling you when payment is required latest by, and not your direct debit date. it does exactly the same for me and everyone else.When you check on the mobile app, it clearly that states payment will be taken on 29th August.If you don't have the mobile app, i would strongly recommend it, it only takes a few seconds to download and it is super up to date and useful.Regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    The 2nd September is your due date.
    However if you're concerned Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your message.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Warm wishes, Caz

thankyou to everyone who have responded . As I haven't opted for direct debit/minimum paymentplan and have always paid mid month in full, I will message the bank team direct to clarify . but assume for now that the 2nd Sept is a date for which I should make a part payment if I were unable to pay in full. Thanks again
    Community superstar
    Hi
    It looks like your minimum payment due date has moved forward from 28th to 2nd, i.e. 2 days as 28th is the last day of the month.
    As you always pay in full mid month there would not be an issue.
    However please send Tesco-Bank a private message to get it clarified from them, that way you will have peace of mind.
    Take care, Caz
    Above and beyond
    Hi
    You can adjust the monthly payment yourself on the mobile app
    Select Account management, select make a payment or manage direct debit, edit direct debit, select full payment or minimum payment.
    That’s you done. Regards, Chris