I want to add an additional driver for a month but can't find how to, any ideas?
You can add an additional driver to your Car insurance policy 24 hours a day via Your Insurance Account.
All you'll need to know is the details of the additional driver, including date of birth and claims history and we can provide you with a quote. All changes made via Your Insurance Account will not incur an administration fee.
- Once you log in, select the policy you want to make the change on and then click 'View policy'
- Choose 'Make change' from the menu option and you'll be taken to a new page to select with change you want to proceed with
- Select 'Change your cover' then select the date you want your change to take effect. Read the statements carefully and if accepted, click 'Confirm'
- Select the date you want your change to take effect and click 'Next'
- Click 'Add another driver' using the button. Complete all the details for the additional driver, please check all the information is correct before clicking 'Confirm driver's details'. The driver details will appear on the page and you can select 'Next'.
- You'll be presented with the change summary page to re confirm the driver details. Select 'Save and get quote' or you can choose to make further changes.
Please note this will not process the change at this stage, you'll be given the option to cancel on the next screen should you not want to go ahead.
- You'll then be presented with the cost to make the change and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy.
- If you're happy and want to go ahead, click 'Go to checkout'. If you don't want to go ahead, click 'Back to your account'.
If you don't want go ahead and need some time to think about the quote, this will be stored and can be accessed via 'Your saved change quotes' on your account page.
More information from this site: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...licy#ckb_start
Hope this helps!!
Warm wishes, Caz @25H
My problem is that I only want the additional driver on my insurance for a month, not for the full year, the quote came in at £115 which is very expensive. Other insurers allow this.
That is a lot for a month.
Did you check this link out? More information from this site: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...licy#ckb_start
Anyone who drives your car should be named on your policy as an additional driver.
You can add a driver by logging into Your Insurance Account. Adding additional drivers to your insurance could increase the overall cost of your policy but you will not be charged a fee when completing via this service. Your insurer reserves the right to refuse cover based on age, licence, residency and experience of the proposed additional driver.
Please see our existing FAQ 'How do I add an additional driver to my policy?' for instructions on how to do this.
If you want to add a temporary driver, this can be added to your policy up to a maximum of 28 or 30 days over the policy year. If you want to add a temporary driver they can be added to your policy up to a maximum of 28 days over the policy year. To do this, you will need to contact our Customer Service team and have your policy number ready. An administration fee will be applied and must be paid in addition to any change in premium.
This answer specifically relates to Tesco Bank Car Insurance. For an answer relating to Tesco Bank Box Insurance please select the Box Insurance FAQ category or try using the search box at the top.
Warm wishes, Caz @25H
© 2022 Tescobank.com All rights reserved