Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Incorrect Interest. Please Help!
    27-09-21 , 11:23

I am very confused. I forgot to make my credit card payment by a matter of hours and i have been charged interest. However i believe the amount of interest to be incorrect...

My statement on the 24th August was

Purchases 1.527 % (monthly) -£ 1,941.44
    Introductory Purchases 1.527 % (monthly) - £ 561.04

I made the payment on the 19th September (it was due on the 18th)

Therefore, If I have been charged a month (plus a day) plus a day of interest on the previous balance this should be roughly:

Purchases - £30.48
    Introductory Purchases - £8.80

Why then does my new statement say the interest is:

Purchases - £84.99
    Introductory Purchases - £8.45

Very confused. Please help.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,063
    Given: 601

27-09-21 , 12:41

Hi @HannahFrancesB

I'm really sorry to hear you were charged interest for being 1 day late.

I feel the best thing for you to do is send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' from here so they can look into this for you and provide you with a full explanation for you specifically.

To do this click on this link: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...newpm&u=447614

Complete it with your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your account details.
    Click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 62

28-09-21 , 08:42

Hi @HannahFrancesB, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. As suggested above, please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we will have a closer look at your account.
    @25H thanks again for your help!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap