What was your first job?
30-08-21 , 10:10

Happy Bank Holiday all! Hope you had a great weekend.

Recently I hit 11 years at Tesco Bank, and I can't quite believe how quick the time has passed here. It also got me thinking about my working past, so I thought I would ask the Community what there first ever job was?

My first ever proper job was in Burton Menswear as a part timer when I was 15 over the Christmas period. I ended up staying two years and actually really enjoyed working in retail. I'm a bit of a chatterbox so loved having conversations with customers around their purchases and made lots of friends from my colleagues at that time. The skills I learned from that job really has helped me my whole career.

It makes me sad to think that the whole Burtons, Top shop brand etc has closed now. When I was young, everyone wore Topshop clothes so to see this disappear from our high street. My partner actually worked in the same shop as me (at a different time).

But what was your first job? Maybe you where a Paper Boy/Girl, or worked in a local restaurant. Let me know in the comments below.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!