Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Replacement credit card is hideous
    01-06-21 , 09:39

I've just received a replacement credit card. The old card was such a great design with the strawberry graphic. At first sight I thought the replacement card was one of those free pretend cards that occasionally turn up as unsolicited marketing. But it's my new Tesco credit card. It looks like it's part of your Value Range. Did you have to spend any money on the redesign, because I think maybe you've been ripped off.

I know it shouldn't matter but maybe you should have considered what this says about Tesco as a brand. The old card said stylish, modern, quality; this one says, cheap, shoddy, rubbish quality, styleless and depressing.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 255

01-06-21 , 09:43

Hi @ShoppingTrolleyDolly, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll pass on your comments about the card design as feedback today.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 874

02-06-21 , 14:57

@ShoppingTrolleyDolly Hey, just out of interest. Can I ask what type of design you would like on your card? The design is to match other cards provided by Tesco (like the Clubcard), but would love to hear what you would choose as a design!

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

08-06-21 , 10:11

I think it's a great card. For me it's used for a purpose, I get it out of my wallet, swipe or key in the number then put it away. I don't go look at my CC, I also do not sit at home looking at it. I think its a good solid colour and can carryout its purpose. What extra value does art on a card that is 99.9% placed in my wallet never comes out.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

15-06-21 , 16:54

Quote Originally Posted by ShoppingTrolleyDolly View Post
    ....At first sight I thought the replacement card was one of those free pretend cards that occasionally turn up as unsolicited marketing. But it's my new Tesco credit card. It looks like it's part of your Value Range. ....

I felt the same. strawberry design was classy. Plain blue card...sigh😑
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 23

17-06-21 , 20:31

Oh I love the plain blue design! I think it's very cool but I'm allergic to strawberries so maybe it would be good to have a choice (I'd actually love a Tesco Value branded card 😅). It does look quite similar to my Clubcard Pay debit card though so perhaps a different colour (maybe red) would be a compromise.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 255

18-06-21 , 07:48

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @chr! It's great for us to get more of an insight into all the differing opinions on the card design. We'll be sure to take this on board going forward :)​​​​​​​
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 874

18-06-21 , 09:22

@nvt I once got a birthday card that was a Tesco Value Birthday Card lol!!

​​​​​​​have you considered Card Stickers? Another member posted that she used these on a different thread :)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

02-08-21 , 12:02

@ShoppingTrolleyDolly

Totally agree just received my new credit card (just in time) and I hate the design. So much so that I Googled it to see if anybody else thought the same. Glad its just not me. Cheap, tacky and doesn't stand out in my purse like my old silver and strawberry one did, very easy to muddle up with the Clubcard. Not happy with it at all very disappointed.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 51

02-08-21 , 12:23

Hi @KJTwaitrose, I'm sorry to hear that you're not a fan of the new card design. I will pass on your comments as feedback which we always use to help improve our products. If you look at the comments above, you will see some suggestions on how to avoid confusion between your cards, such as card stickers. I hope this helps.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap