Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 9

14-05-21 , 09:56

Without any notification to their customers they have just removed this functionality (and the .qif downloads). Thread here: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/threads/11262-OFX-Download

Community Manager Comment - This post was made before the threads merged. Link now takes you to the same thread you are viewing
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

14-05-21 , 09:57

btw, for anyone with MS Money (can't believe that MS "sunsetted" this!). Banktree Finance is a good alternative and you can import all of your MS Money data into it.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

14-05-21 , 12:47

I agree. For me, this is also a deal breaker in using the Tesco credit card. Frankly, removing a feature like this from the website with no advance notice or warning is incredibly poor customer service from a card provider which I have been using constantly for 15 years.

In the meantime, I have found this spreadsheet which works for now.

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com...td4680333.html

Download transactions from Tesco as csv
    Copy into new tab on XLSM2QIF, delete all columns except date merchant and amount
    Manually change any payments in to negative
    Menu Excel Addins / XLSM2QIF / Export to QIF
    Select transactions range for input data
    Account type - credit card
    Invert Amounts set
    Columns in order Date Amount Payee
    And export

Good luck!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

14-05-21 , 14:20

@DaveCollier thanks for this but i seem to be having problems getting the csv download to work - are you having the same issue?
    ​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RossM View Post
    Hey @Kerrysheenan42, sorry to hear that. Can I check if you are using a bookmark to login to your online banking? Can you navigate to Tescobank.com and sign in? If you try and access the file it should now work.
    ive tried it without the bookmark and it still doesnt work.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

14-05-21 , 14:50

@kerrysheehan42 It worked for me! In more detail, in the credit card download as a csv file the last 90 days transactions (which is the only option I'm offered).
    Opened that file in Excel and deleted all columns except for Date / Amount / Payee. Also deleted the single header row, and any data rows that I aleady have in MS Money. Then copied this block of data into a new tab in XLSM2QIF, and processed as in my previous post.

Good luck!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 548

14-05-21 , 14:59

@kerrysheehan42 it should still be downloading. Can you check your recent downloads folder or launch Excel and check recent documents? Let me know how you get on.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 24

15-05-21 , 10:38

I can not express enough how disappointed I am with the removal of the QIF format. I have been very loyal to Tesco's and encouraged others to switch to Tesco Bank but it was extremely user friendly and worked with my finance programs.

Managing my finances is important and the changes have made this extremely difficult to keep on top of things.

From what I have read here, it looks like the customers opinion is not important, and as such (like others I think), the only option is to now look for another credit card that supports the management of your money with the use of OFX /QIF formats.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 47

15-05-21 , 10:51

I just wanted to add my support to this thread.

Having successfully downloaded a QIF file last week, I was gutted to see the legacy option had been removed! Only providing a proprietary CSV/TSV format is a PITA and requires us to faff around and process those files before they are usable in any finance program.

As others have pointed out, it looks like our only option is to switch to an alternative card - pretty disappointing.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 8

15-05-21 , 11:12

I am very disappointed indeed that Tesco Bank has decided to remove support for the OFX format - with no notice! I have been an exclusive user of Tesco Mastercard for 14 years - and you can imaging the total amount I have spent over that time (and because I use MS Money to manage my account - I know the precise amount, which goes well over 6 figures!). I will have to go another credit card provider if Tesco Bank cannot support OFX - sorry Tesco, not good.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 47

15-05-21 , 11:35

Having read through all of the comments on this thread, it looks like the official line from Tesco is to not reinstate any industry standard output formats ... so, that's helpful, great customer experience there ...

Does anyone have recommendations for an alternative card with good export support?
    Last edited by CaptC; 15-05-21 at 11:36. Reason: typo
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap