OFX / QIF File Format - No Longer Supported

Fresh Eyes
    Why stop QFX/QIF, as nearly every other finance software uses them. Is this a new policy or a programers mistake.
    Just looking
    Same comment as multiple other users.
    Regularly download transactions from Tescobank to Moneydance in QIF format.
    Have been doing so for many years in Moneydance and MS Money before that
    Other cards (e.g. Amex) have same functionality.
    This is pretty basic stuff and I don't know why the QIF format would suddenly become unsupported.
    I don't want to use csv files / excel.
    Very keen to see the QIF file format download returned asap - assume this was an oversight in the latest website upgrade.
    Thank you.
    Your Community Expert
    @mjeast13 and @Mulletman, I've passed your comments on to our team to review. We'll consider all the feedback we've received and take this on board when making any further changes moving forward. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
    On the look out
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that this is no longer an option via the online banking. I will log your comments as some feedback which we always use to improve our products and services. Apologies for any disappointment.
    Given this undesirable situation, how about lengthening the session timeout, reconciliation is frustrating enough!
    On the look out
    @MartinC Ah, I missed a parameter on the command line. Try this:

csc /t:exe tccqif.cs -r:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.8\ Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll"

I've also added a compiled version to the repository.

This was the perfect work around... but now Tesco seem to have changed the transaction and posting date format used in TSV files from "yyyy-mm-dd" to "dd/mm/yyyy".
    Supervisor
    @MartinC Good spot ! They've also changed from UTF-16 encoding to ANSI encoding and made the transactions marked as 'Credit' negative.

These are things that make dealing with these .csv and .tsv files easier.

I've updated my utility to cope with these changes.

AAAAhhh. They've gone and got the Debit/Credit signs backwards !

So a Debit's come through as +ve and Credit's come through as -ve values. I suppose it kind of makes sense: A Charge is a Positive Debit and a Payment is a Negative Credit? I've modified my utility to cope.
    On the look out
    I've modified my utility to cope.

Thanks again!
    Please reinstate this feature and engage customers before you remove features. I find it hard to believe that this would be difficult. I will give serious consideration to finding another credit card if this feature is not reinstated.
    Fresh Eyes
    I need qif to import into YNAB - Tesco should have known that there were still lots of people downloading these other file formats from the old part of the web site. However for me it was a good incentive to change credit cards - my Tesco card was originally the Tesco Finest and got decent amount of club card points that I could buy RAC membership each year plus Lego Land tickets etc. Now I barely get anything. So I applied for an Amex cash back card, have received it, moved all my payments to that (Amazon, Apple etc) and will close my Tesco account once I’ve paid my last bill. Goodbye Tesco!

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone using YNAB - if you try importing the CSV it tells you it doesn’t recognise any transactions- but it does give helpful info about how to rearrange the format in a spreadsheet. Too much hassle to do regularly - but will at least allow me to get my last month of Tesco transactions into YNAB having moved to the Amex Platinum Cashback card following this ridiculous move by Tesco.
    Eagle eye
    I need an alternative to Amex as some retailers don't accept it, hence Tesco.

However, for the record, Amex and Nationwide download .ofx files which I can upload into Money 2004 after applying a fix in Notepad as explained here. https://groups.google.com/g/microsof...m/nwk8KI5sAQAJ

Halifax download needs to be opened as .qif format in WordPad, then all + numbers need to be converted to – and vice versa, with the format T-3129.48. Save and upload with Money Import Handler.

Sainsbury's say on the phone that they only offer .pdf downloads.

I am investigating John Lewis and Marks and Spencer.

Any other recommendations?