• Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 212
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 129

    What are you watching?
    05-02-21 , 10:17

    Since we can’t do much else at the moment, we have no choice but to laze on the sofa with a good box set. With so much on offer, it’s hard to decide on what to watch! I thought I’d turn to the community to get some recommendations. What is everyone watching at the moment?

    I enjoy watching crime programs, I've just finished ‘The Serpent’ (BBC) and the ‘Night Stalker’ (Netflix). Both were excellent, definitely worth a watch if anyone is interested in true crime. I’m also looking forward to a new season of ‘Line of Duty’ which is coming out this year. The last 5 seasons are on BBC iPlayer if anyone is interested, I would highly recommend them!

    I like to break up my true crime obsession with some reality TV. I know it's not everyone’s cup of tea, but I think it helps to lighten the mood a little. It's nice to watch something that isn’t so serious! I've just finished ‘Below Deck’ (HayU) which is about people working on super-yachts, that get hired out by (extremely rich) clients. I’m also watching ‘Married at First Sight Australia’ (E4) which isn’t something I would normally enjoy. However, I've found that watching light-hearted programs like these, do help to take your mind off everything that’s going on right now!


    I’m looking forward to hearing some of your suggestions to add to my list! It looks like we’ll be inside watching TV for the next while anyway!
  • Join Date: Sep 2017
    Posts: 318
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 161

    05-02-21 , 10:37

    Night Stalker was great but gave me the chills. Feel like this recommendation should come with a warning 

    You should try Ozark on Netflix. It's really good, I think you'd like it. Never tire of recommending Fargo (Netflix) either. Written and directed by the Cohen brothers and each season is a completely different story. I know @RossM is a fan too.

    I've just caught up with Better Call Saul which is a spin off from Breaking Bad centered on Saul Goodman the sleazy lawyer. It's brilliant. If you enjoyed BB then would definitely recommend it as it's obviously set in the same world. Although it's set before the events of BB, some of the main characters show up.

    I've started watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime. It's about a conman who's just been released from prison and assumes his old cellmates' identity as he's on the run from a crazy mob boss. It's good fun so far.
  • Join Date: Mar 2020
    Posts: 1,699
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,077
    Given: 607

    05-02-21 , 10:39

    I also watched 'The Serpent' ChristinaG and have to agree with you it's a great watch.
    Also looking for the next series of 'Line of Duty' too!!

    Just finished watching all 4 series of 'Strike' (total of 11 episodes), its about a private investigator based on novels written by J K Rowling, well worth a watch.

    Waiting for the latest series of 'The Bay' to finish so I can binge watch.

    For something light hearted I've been watching Bradley Walsh & Son: Breaking Dad, very amusing as they travel around Europe.
  • Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 212
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 129

    05-02-21 , 10:54

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherP View Post
    Night Stalker was great but gave me the chills. Feel like this recommendation should come with a warning 

    You should try Ozark on Netflix. It's really good, I think you'd like it. Never tire of recommending Fargo (Netflix) either. Written and directed by the Cohen brothers and each season is a completely different story. I know @RossM is a fan too.

    Thanks @ChristopherP , I will definitely give these a watch. I did start Ozark but I couldn't get into it, I'll need to give it another try!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thank you @25H , I've added 'Strike' to my list! That sounds right up my street :)

    I never got round to watching 'The Bay' but I heard it was great. I'll hopefully get a chance to catch up on that and also 'The Pembrokeshire Murders' on ITV as I've also heard that is worth a watch. I definitely have plenty to keep me going now!
  • Join Date: Sep 2017
    Posts: 318
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 161

    05-02-21 , 10:57

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaG View Post
    Thanks @ChristopherP, I will definitely give these a watch. I did start Ozark but I couldn't get into it, I'll need to give it another try!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thank you @25H, I've added 'Strike' to my list! That sounds right up my street 

    I never got round to watching 'The Bay' but I heard it was great. I'll hopefully get a chance to catch up on that and also 'The Pembrokeshire Murders' on ITV as I've also heard that is worth a watch. I definitely have plenty to keep me going now!
    I had a couple of false starts with it too but it's really good once it gets going.
  • Join Date: Mar 2020
    Posts: 1,699
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,077
    Given: 607

    05-02-21 , 11:14

    The first series of 'The Bay' is available on ITV Hub, a very good series.

    I've also watched 'The Pembrokeshire Murder's', just 3 episodes, very enjoyable and if you like real life crime then right up your street ChristinaG!!
    Oh and then there's 'Des', another 3 part series about Dennis Nilsen with David Tennant being amazing in the title role, unmissable.
  • Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 212
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 129

    05-02-21 , 11:45

    Quote Originally Posted by 25H View Post
    The first series of 'The Bay' is available on ITV Hub, a very good series.

    I've also watched 'The Pembrokeshire Murder's', just 3 episodes, very enjoyable and if you like real life crime then right up your street ChristinaG!!
    Oh and then there's 'Des', another 3 part series about Dennis Nilsen with David Tennant being amazing in the title role, unmissable.

    Oh I actually forgot to mention 'Des'! Wasn't it amazing? Scary how similar David Tennant was to him in real life. It sounds like we have a similar taste for sure, I will definitely give 'The Bay' a watch too!
  • Join Date: Feb 2021
    Posts: 2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    07-02-21 , 19:42

    I prefer to watch old series like X-files or Millennium. I really miss the old days and honestly couldn't find anything like that on the modern TV. But maybe anyone here knows any new sci-fi movies?
  • Join Date: Oct 2016
    Posts: 2,161
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 1,058

    09-02-21 , 16:01

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStyles View Post
    I prefer to watch old series like X-files or Millennium.

    Can't beat X-files, I think I have watched through them all 3 times now. I'm liking Westworld. Have you seen that @JoeyStyles ?
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap