Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Rejected Chargeback Claim - Travel
    31-01-21 , 12:56

Hi there,
    After any advice please.
    I had a cruise company cease trading - ABTA covered everything apart from the deposit I paid onboard.
    ABTA said to claim against the card issuer.
    I did this but TescoBank have refused this saying:

An update on your dispute
    Thank you for your patience whilst we’ve investigated your dispute.
    To work out whether we could help and progress your claim under either the Chargeback Scheme or Section 75 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974, we had to check the Merchant’s terms and conditions (including their cancellation policy).
    Based on the information you gave us, we couldn’t find a breach of contract. Unfortunately, this means we’re unable to progress this dispute on your behalf at this time.

I am a bit lost on what to do - I have raised a new dispute but I cannot add any attachments to the form and likewise I have messaged TescoBank via here but again have no way to add supporting documents.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 410

Best Answer
    31-01-21 , 14:25

Hi @pnepreston

I'm really sorry to hear this.

As you state that the company has ceased trading you need to get the details of the administrator or receiver, this is the person who is dealing with settling the trader’s debts. Contact them and notify them that you are owed money.
    The names of those administrators will usually be found on the website of the company that’s gone bust. You’ll need this information if you need to make a claim.

If you need more assistance you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 where a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form.

Hope this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 1,067

31-01-21 , 19:52

Great advice Caz ! @25H

​​​​​​​Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

02-02-21 , 10:32

Yes, I have had a nightmare... I'm owed £1231! STA travel company went bust... ATOL won't refund me because I paid by credit card and Tesco Credit Card are saying that there was "no breach of contract"... I'm at a loss as to what to do and have been going round in circles... :-(
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 410

02-02-21 , 11:57

Hi @karensara1712

I'm really so sorry to hear this, that's aweful!!
    You should be covered by the ATOL scheme.

This is advice for customer's of STA Travel: https://www.abta.com/news/sta-travel...vice-customers

Advice from Martin Lewis - Money Saving Expert: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...oliday-rights/

Alternatively you could contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 where a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form.

Hope some of this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

11-02-21 , 15:06

Thank you, but ATOL said that because I paid by credit card, they are not at liberty to refund me as did the travel insurance company... Martin Lewis also said to go to ATOL or get a refund from credit card... I've been stuffed!
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap