Online banking

Online banking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Savings Allowance (PSA)

When do I pay tax on credit interest?

You only need to pay tax on any interest you earn above your Personal Savings Allowance. You are responsible for making sure you're paying the correct tax. From 6 April 2016, all banks and building societies are no longer required to deduct tax from interest earned on non-ISA savings and current accounts. If you owe any tax on your interest, you'll pay it directly to HMRC. If you are unsure if you are required to pay tax, please contact HMRC on their website.

Version History
Revision #
5 of 5
Last update:
‎15-06-2017 03:48 PM
Updated by: