Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
81049members
23018posts

Thomas Cook

Your Community Expert

Re: Thomas Cook

Hi @starwarsclark, I don't believe you would receive a second confirmation. Each email address would only receive one to my knowledge.

Every Little Helps

Tesco, still waiting for you to reply. I’ll keep asking until I get some sense. It is certainly starting to feel like you are dodging answering people here. We just want to know when YOU are going to refund us.
Every Little Helps

@TESCO_Bank

I’ve emailed twice and had no response. Can you advise what is happening as you said you would on the 30th

Thanks
Sharings Caring

Like everyone else I am concerned about the lack of information as regards refunding us under section 75.  You are legally obligated to refund us and I do not understand why you have not done so.  The CAA is not the one responsible - you are as our credit card provider. Please tell us when you will be refunding us our very hard earned money!

Your Community Expert

Any customers who've registered a dispute via email will receive contact from us in due course. We will deal with any claims made in the order we receive them and update each customer individually. Once we have further information, we will notify all customers. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Every Little Helps

Hi

what update are you talking about?
section 75 is a clear and the CAA has confirmed if your flight is not ATOL protected then go back to your credit card

Other banks have already refunded their customers so why are you dragging it on?

so basically give us a refund asap so we can rebook if not then then we will not be able to pay the money back
Here to Help

some interesting usecases here https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/2921/86.pdf

I recommend applying for any consequential losses difference in flights etc. There is an element of being reasonable though. I haven’t managed to find any information on how long a section 75 should take but I expect if it hasn't been resolved by day 30 I'll raise a complaint with the FO. There is no reason to block on the CAA.

Tesco bank have been pretty good in the past I'm a bit disappointed so far with this incident though. They must have a lot of claims to process. I had to get a family member to rebook our flights so I'm really not happy. (targeteed more at thomas cook though)

Window Shopper

Why the delay when refunds are being made by other finance institutions.  Not good enough appears charge back which is not a legal entitlement are beign paid over and above section 75 claims.  Just not good enough 

Sharings Caring

So, just received another generic email from Tesco Bank saying that any non-ATOL protected customers should make a claim to their bank. How has that advise changed anything since last Monday? We're now a week on and I've not received any targeted emails, only general emails to all people that have claimed telling us ... well, nothing! Original claim submitted on the 23rd at 10:16am, how long before I'm contacted directly regarding my claim?
Your Community Expert

Hi @GhostWalker, I'm really sorry about that! We are keeping all of our customers up to date with any news we have, however we don't have a timescale for when you'll hear about your claim directly. I apologise that I can't be of more help, but please bear with us and we'll be in touch as soon as possible - Ainsley