23018posts

Thomas Cook

Here to Help

Re: Thomas Cook

Ok Keigan thanks for clarifying this . 

SLP
Online Shopper

I booked my accommodation directly with the Villa company, which is non-refundable.  I paid for this, plus money transfer fee on my Tesco credit card as well as my Thomas Cook flights.  As the accommodation is a "consequential loss", I assume I will definately get my accommodation costs refunded.  Is this correct? 

I have submitted all information and documentation to the email address provided.

Your Community Expert

Hi @SLP, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to answer your query here, however our Disputes team will look into this as soon as possible and will let you know. I'm sorry I can't be of more help here - Ainsley

Online Shopper

Hi, 

If I have since booked another holiday to replace the one booked with Thomas Cook but haven't received my refund to cover the full payment on my credit card will the interest charges be covered too?

Thank you.

Your Community Expert

Hi Fiona, you should continue to pay your account as normal until you receive your refund. As you can imagine we're receiving lots of emails from customers, so it might take us a little longer than normal to get back to you. One of my colleagues will be in touch with you as soon as your claim has been received – Clare

Every Little Helps

I had a future booking for flights/hotel package, that I know will be covered by ATOL, however I also have travel insurance, bought as soon as my holiday was booked.
If I cancel the insurance I lose 30% of the amount paid. Can I claim anywhere for a refund for the full cost of the travel insurance?
Thanks
Every Little Helps

I have a question for Tesco bank. I received an update email yesterday to say you were awaiting industry guidance before proceeding. Can you explain what this means as I am concerned about why there should be a delay? Section 75 of the consumer credit act is very clear. I know that other banks have already refunded people and they have received the money and been able to book new flights. Why is there such a difference between the way different banks are handling this? We are due to fly in 7 days time and obviously our flight was cancelled by thomas cook so we need to book new flights.
Your Community Expert

Hi @Jintymac, sorry to hear about this. Please send a copy of your invoice, booking details and travel insurance details to cbk@tescobank.com including your full name and postcode in the subject line and we will progress your claim as soon as possible – Kelly

Every Little Helps

Hi, still not had a reply from you for this either here or email. Can you advise please. 

Your Community Expert

Hi @Gump72, sorry you've not heard back from us. You did the right thing emailing us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please note, with the sheer volume of emails coming in, this may result in longer timescales. I'm afraid I'm unable to advise on how long this will be. Sorry for any inconvenience - Brogan