Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless and Apple Pay

Community Manager

Contactless and Apple Pay

From August this year we aim to start issuing contactless credit cards to customers when their current card expires. Any customers whose card expires at a later date will be able to get a contactless card using online banking. 

Apple Pay is also now avalible for our Debit Card customers.

49 REPLIES
Keen Poster

Re: Contactless and Apple Pay

All I'd like is internet banking that works when it's supposed to and genuine feedback when it doesn't.

Try and make your existing systems work properly before expanding into others.

Just Getting Started

Still feels weird that Apple Pay came before contactless credit cards 😂

Looking forward to Apple Pay on debit cards!!
Occasional Browser

Hi . I have received my new credit card today and it runs out in 2019 . Are you saying I have to wait until then before I can get contactless ? 

Just Getting Started

Going by the original post, it sounds like you can apply for a contactless card using your online banking account once contactless credit cards become available in August :)
New to this

Couldn't believe that my new card arrived today and didn't have contactless, I thought that there must have been some mistake until I found this link !

What a poor service Tesco Bank is providing to its customers.

Also if Tesco Bank is this far behind on basic card technology it makes you wonder about its other systems ?

Seems counter productive and wasteful (new card expires 2019) but will be requesting a contactless card in a few months.

Frequent Browser

It's great to see contactless is coming. Will Android Pay also be supported in that timeframe?

Community Manager

Hi @RhymzWithOrange, no plans for Android Pay at this time I'm afraid - see this thread on the topic to add your voice.

Occasional Browser

I have just received my new credit card today and it runs out in 2019. As I don't use online banking with my credit card does this mean I will have wait until 2019 until I can get a contactless card. If so this is appalling and like others I will be looking at getting a different credit card

Just Getting Started

I don't see how that can be considered 'appalling' ... It seems more like a 'mild inconvenience'. Also, there are ways to get a replacement card if you want one. If you chose not to use online banking, that's down to you.

Also, if you requested a new card over the phone (after August), I'd be surprised if they didn't start sending out contactless cards by default.