Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
90518members
26143posts

COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

I applied for a payment holiday at the beginning of the month. On the 11th April, I received an email saying you was very busy (which I understand) and that I would have a response to my application soon. Its now the 21st and I still have no answer. When will I find out?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @lficareeve, if your application for a break is solely down to the effect of COVID-19 then this will be approved. You will be able to check this has been applied by checking your next payment date on your online banking. 

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

It is but it still shows the next payment is due in may with a figure to be paid 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Then your application has yet to be processed in that instance, you are able to cancel the direct debit as instructed in the email whilst we work through the emails. We will backdate the account to the date you sent the email. 

Highlighted
Little helper

Hi I requested a payment break on both my loans and credit card and did this on the same form, I can see the loan has been implemented. But not my credit card as I now have a late payment fee applied to my account??after cancelling my direct debit as advised. I was under the understanding that no fees would be applied in related covid19 cases, now I am worried about my credit file also. Can you help? As I don’t understand why only one was actioned and not both payment holidays.
Highlighted
Little helper

Yes you can there is a form online on Tesco bank you just need to fill that in and email them
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @becka29, thanks for getting in touch. As confirmed above, your payment break will be backdated from the date we received your email, any late fees will be refunded and your credit file won't be affected. We'll be back in touch once it's been applied to your credit card. I hope this helps - Caroline

Highlighted
Little helper

Good morning, I received a text message rather than an email stating my loan repayment holiday was processed, is this legitimate? If so I can see my next DD is due can I cancel? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @MikeySWFC, thanks for getting in touch. Yes, we're contacting customers by text as well so this is genuine. Please cancel your direct debit so no further payments can be taken. I hope this helps! - Caroline

Highlighted
Little helper

I applied for payment break on 12th and received automated reply. Was going to cancel direct debit, after reading through posts, but wanted to be absolutely before I do as payment due on 1st may. Thanks.