Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
90517members
26143posts

COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

Highlighted
Little helper

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

I am due a refund of more than £10,000 to my Tesco credit card because a golfing holiday for 8 people has been cancelled due to Covid-19.

Clearly I do not wish to have that amount of money sitting in my credit card account indefinitely and, in any case, the other 7 players are due an early share of that refund.
HOWEVER, should I try to move the money into my Tesco current account, I am due to be charged a 3.99% fee as part of the transaction. Is that really true?
It seems to be VERY unfair if I have to pay more than £400 for this purpose and for a reason that was totally outwith my control or reasonable expectation.

Can Tesco Bank please waive these fees for say, 3 months, as part of their caring for customers during the current crisis?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Ahsaan123, thanks for getting in touch. I've shared links below with some information, and this contains a form to delay your next 3 monthly payments if you have a credit card or loan account. I’ve also attached a link to our FAQs surrounding COVID-19, which will hopefully give you some peace of mind. Hope this helps - Trinh

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/COVID-19-coronavirus-information/m-p/31081#M1615

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/COVID-19/tkb-p/COVID-19

Highlighted
Little helper

Pet insurance

Hi how do I cancel my pet insurance?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Pet insurance

Hey @Wh38, thanks for getting in touch. You can email them at  tesco.petinsurance@uk.rsagroup.com and they will be able to arrange this for you - Chris 

Highlighted
Just looking

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information: policy number Your Policy Number : TI**sensitive info removed**1 Your Home Insurance cover has now ended.

Dear Tesco

in February this year I called Tesco insurance to discuss the buildings insurance policy I had. I was told that it would not cover me because I looked after dogs. I told the Tesco employee that I would therefore not renew it. Later I received several emails to say Tesco could not take the money for the policy. The emails were 'no reply' so I couldn't reply. I replied on 'messenger' to say that I did not want to renew the policy. I phoned but no-one answered the phone. Now I have a letter from Tesco, and I spoke to a tesco employee. It seems that Tesco did not record my phone call or the messages on 'messenger'.  On the page i am writing right now I see ' 

Help for Insurance Customers

this text did not appear in the emails I was sent. Now I have a letter from Tesco to say that they will charge me £ 51.73 and give my details to a debt collection agency.

To recap: I tell Tescos not to renew.Tthey ignore me and renew anyway. 

They send me emails which don't tell me about the lapse my renewal website, only to phone (and they don't answer the phone).

Then they demand £51.73 off me.

I am shocked.

Is this really the way Tesco want to treat their customers?

Lesley Marrion-Cole

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information: policy number Your Policy Number : TI**sensitive info rem...

Hi Lesley, I'm really sorry to hear about this. I've replied to your message on Facebook now, if you can check that and respond there, I'll be able to look into this for you - Christina 

Highlighted
Little helper

I’ve received charges to my account that I am confused about and cannot speak to an adviser over the phone because I can’t get through. How do I get support on this?
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hey @Dylanj951, sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank, we'll look into this for you - Chris 

Highlighted
Little helper

Hi I put a request in for a payment break in March, I received an email a few days back saying they’ve received my payment break form but it’s taking a little longer to process. I put a request in for my loan and credit card, do you no long this will take? As I am a little worried about cancelling my direct debit as I do t want it impacting my credit file
Highlighted
Helping hand

Hi Susan309, I have just received my monthly Tesco Clubcard Credit Card statement, and like yourself am also retired. I am expecting the full amount to be taken from my bank account on the due date, have  not requested a repayment holiday. Will keep you posted if that indeed happens or not. Quite why Tesco Bank have not taken a payment from you is a mystery, i hope that you receive an appropriate answer ! Best Wishes with it all.