Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
72431members
20841posts

Block, unblock or replace your credit card with our Mobile Banking App

Here to Help

Re: Block, unblock or replace your credit card with our Mobile Banking App

I have now paid off my credit card and would like to close my account / credit card. How do I go about this? 

Your Community Expert

Hi @Gfults234, sorry to hear you're looking to close your account. The quickest way to get the account closed is to give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (available 24/7), and our team can close it for you straight away. To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. You can also send a letter with your details and signature to Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT to close the account by post. I hope this helps!

Here to Help

Very helpful, thanks Carly!

Here to Help

Hi

I tried for a number of hours to pay for Tesco groceries, but kept receiving the same error information. Problem eventually solved for my debit card by my bank, but the Tesco Mastercard wasn't as simple and ended up blocked. Part of the unblocking procedure was to send me a text message, but when the service agent checked my mobile number, she misheard my reply and I subsequently realised you have the wrong mobile number for me, so I can't use the code, or whatever you sent out, because someone else is now bewildered, by receiving a message s/he was not expecting!

The card's last 4 are 7895, my correct mobile number follows on a separate page, for security. Or at least I hope it does! Please advise if you need any other information.

Your Community Expert

Hi @RicR, sorry to hear about this. We'd be unable to change your number via social media, I'm afraid. However, you'll be able to update your number via online banking! I've attached a link which explains how to do this. Alternatively, give our Credit Cards Team a call back who can update your number for you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Online-Banking/How-do-I-update-my-address-email-and-phone-num...

Here to Help

Hi

As recommended, I hope?

Your Community Expert

You've sent your mobile number publicly @RicR. Although the system hides your number, I'd advise deleting your message.

Here to Help

I don't want my number changing for new, just updating. Is that not possible? A completely new number would confuse not just me, although given how long it took me to remember my existing one, that is a lot of confusion! But all my contacts would struggle too.

Ric

Here to Help

The message when I go through to that link is that my device isn't recognised, which completely stymies me. What do I do now?

[I've a few problems, mostly stemming from old age [79], and mainly, I am technophobic and technothick.]

Ric

Here to Help

I didn't realise this was public, I thought it was your equivalent of email.

Ric