purhase credit card problems paying for online shopping

Recently tried to buy washing machine from argos on checkout transaction declined , called tescos trans dispute dept. they approved payment, called argos no order or payment in their system however money taken off my credit card . There is no info about restrictions on online shopping . Im affraid to use my card again online if will get declined again wil mess up my balance ... not happy .Hope i would not loose my 0% rate due to online transaction.
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi @Domski, sorry to hear about the problems you had with your card. From what you've said, this sounds like there was an error on the Argos website while your payment was being processed. In these cases, the payment amount won't leave your account and will appear back in your available credit.

It won't have any impact on your account offer and I hope it doesn't put you off using your card in the future!
    Supervisor
    Tesco Bank also operate a Fraud Safe Guarantee which may have kicked in when you made your purchase online too. If the system suspects fraudulent activity a security block will be placed on your account until you've confirmed you're the genuine card-holder. I've experienced this myself when purchasing some clothes a couple of years ago. In terms of your 0% on purchases you'd only lose the promotional rate if you exceeded your credit limit, missed a payment etc.