Why has my available credit been taken off my credit card

When i log in online, my c/c balance is £1,000 and i have a £2,000 limit. Yet under available balance it says £0. I know that this can happen if you have pending transactions, but that can't be the case for me as i havent used the card? Is it possible the Tesco have frozen my card or decreased my limit without letting me know? A couple of times i have gone over my limit by about £50 but i have always paid well over the minimum payment due on time each month.
  • 2 Replies

Well i will offer my 2p worth and say that i know for a fact they don't notify the customer when they decrease the credit limit and you say you have missed 2 payements before. Well i'd say that it's very likely they have removed your available credit. Ring up and ask that way you will know for sure.. Hope this helps....
    Employee
    Hi ,

Thanks for getting in touch. There can be a few reasons why the available balance has gone to zero. As you say, it could be due to pending transactions, but if that's not the case, it can happen if a payment has been missed for the card.

To find out more, you'll need to call our Credit Card department. You can call on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and they'll be able to give you more information.