Warning Tesco of possible credit card scam

I ordered a jacket from what I thought was a legitimate site using my Tesco credit card. Wrong items delivered today, of substantially less value. Now discover that website is categorised as 'very high risk' on scam watch sites. How do I warn Tesco to keep a watchful eye on my account in case this company try and clone my card. How do I also go about reclaiming the money from Tesco if company does not refund the £147 please? Many thanks for your help.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @Reallynearly

Sorry to hear your jacket wasn't what you were expecting!

To raise a dispute with the company in question, we'd advise to send an email to our disputes team. They can be reached on [Information Removed]. In the subject line, write "New Claim" then your name and the name of the company. In the body of the email, provide more information about the transaction and your postcode.

We also monitor our accounts for any unusually activity, so that should protect the card from any fraudulent use. If you do see anything you don’t recognise though, call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, as soon as possible.