Tesco to Lloyds Transfer

Hello everyone,I am hoping to get some help with regards to my new tesco current account, which I opened to help with this years ever increasing Christmas bills. After I received the documentation stating the account was opened, I registered for online banking. As I hadn’t yet received my debit card, I set up a transfer to my sons Lloyds bank account for £500 so he could take out the cash for me to start the Christmas shopping.... the money Went over fine immediately and I was impressed with the speed at which Tesco handled the transaction! As I still hadn’t received my debit card, I set up a transfer to go to my sons account again for £1100 this time to cover the rest of our Xmas expenses. The screen said the money would be in his account within two hours…. Its now been two days and the money still hasn’t gone into his account. It left my available balance on my Tesco account straight away! Can anyone help me with regards to why this may have happened? Is it because this is a new bank account? Or is it because the transfer is for quite a bit of money? I’m just a bit worried as I’m sure you can imagine! Any help would be appreciated!Ros
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi , and welcome to the Tesco Bank Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your new account, especially around this time of year. We'd advise to call our Current Account department on 0345 835 3353, available 24/7, and they can look into this for you.

Probably the same reson as my problem where I wanted to transfer in £100 from my bank to my club card but the system made me choos the 21 December when I wanted 17th December. Bad banking