Standing Orders transferring on the last day of the month between Tesco current accounts

I had a standing order set up to transfer money between my Tesco current accounts on the last day of the month. Well at least that is what I thought it was as I picked the last day. However it seems to keep moving to 30th meaning some months it says "You don't have enough money in this account to make the payments due today" as I don't get paid until 31st usually. You can't amend or cancel it online on the day this happens.
    • Is there any way to force it to come out on the last day of the month? I could manage to do this with First Direct but have never been successful with Tesco Bank.
    Also the contact centre has confirmed the standing order has been cancelled so there is no money due out but online and via the automated telephone number it still says my available balance is £0.00.
    • How long does the website and automated balance take to update after the standing order has been cancelled via the contact centre?
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer

Hi John,

When you set up a Standing Order for 31st of the month, it will only come off on that date if that month does have 31 days. If it doesn't it will come off on the last day ie 30th of April,June, September and November. February would be either 28th or 29th depending if it was a leap year.

When the Standing Order is cancelled it should update overnight the same night.

Hope this helps,

Margaret - Customer Care
    Can this be escalated to the development team for them to implement last day of the month standing orders?
    Employee
    Hi , I've replied to your other post here.