Sorry Tesco Bank...enough is enough...

I'm sorry, but I have had enough of all the problems with my current account, and Tuesday is my switch day. But it isn't all bad on your part....here is the rundown of the problems I've suffered from the beginning (February 2015) 1. When I opened an ISA with you, you froze all the money in there because I hadn't signed and returned a form to you. You late admitted that you'd never sent the form out, and you compensated me for the fact I had to borrow £1k off a friend to cover Direct Debits until this issue was sorted out. 2. Verified by Visa issues. Every 4th time I used my Debit Card online, I had to phone up and get you to unlock it. Despite putting the correct information on on the VBV wesbite, it still locked the card. 3. Debit Card usage - was not able to use at Pay at Pump etc etc. Was told several different things as to how I may be able to get a full use card. Totally useless, luckily I got approved for a Tesco Bank Credit Card. 4. Removed banking facilites from the local store (which is why i wanted to use you in the first place) and didn't say anything. 5. The final straw....related to the above. Went into the store to pay in a cheque and was told "Sorry, you can only do this at Crawley/Shoreham stores." Made a special journey 2 days later to pay in the cheque. Then for some reason, you decided to extend the clearance cycle by a few days for reasons which no one could give me. This meant that I ws sent a text message every day saying "pay money in or else this will be returned unpaid". No problem, I'll pay in the cash at Crawley or Shoreham. Yes, big problem, because it no longer goes on immediately, but overnight, so that won't help. The attitude of the person on the phone was "tough luck" So, again, I had to borrow money off a friend and him pay it in via faster payments to clear these items. One one day, it was a mere sixty eight PENCE that was short on the cleared funds that made you threaten to return a direct debit unpaid. Never mind the cheque was days overdue clearing, because of YOUR computer system problems. Was told at least 3 different dates as to when the cheque was cleared. 6. How is anyone supposed to take out more than £300 cash from their account? Totally fed up, I've moved all my banking arrangements elsewhere. No skin off your teeth though, people come and go all the time. As I said in the complaint letter I sent you, nothing will be done about the complaint as I am only one person. But now the good....your customer service is utterly amazing. It really is. You call centre staff are absolutely brilliant at what they do, the listen, and the try hard to help (apart from the one incident above). They seem passionate about the brand, and car about customer service. What a shame that the other side of the bank, the vital bit, is a complete and utter shambles. It really is an absolute joke. If you had a proper banking computer system, and could actually handle cash transactions and actually clear cheques and do the job it was designed to do, you would be the best bank out there. No joke. Your customer service is just amazing, really is. But you are so massively let down by your joke of a banking system. I feel for anyone else who has suffered through similar problems. Thank you for your wonderful service provided by your staff. But no thanks for making life so difficult by failing to deal with simple things that are on page one of book one of "how to be a bank" - like cash and cheques.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention although I am very sorry we've not met expectations and for the trouble you've encountered so far. I can see you're in contact with us on Facebook. We'll pick up with you via that channel as soon as we can. We'll do our best to put things right for you! Thank you for your patience.