Setup direct debit then received a snotty letter saying I hadn't!

Hello, As soon as my shiny new Tesco Credit Card arrived I dutilfully filled in the Direct Debit form, posted it back the next day and thought no more about it. Until I received a letter from Tesco saying I hadn't paid my monthly payment and was being slapped with a £12 fee! So I logged into my Teso credit card account, looked in the Direct Debit section and it showed my bank details (for the direct debit). I have now keyed in those same details again and the screen looks just as it did - same bank details. I'm a bit miffed about the £12 charge for something I had already setup together with any potential impact on my record as a creditworthy human being. What say the good people of Tesco? Thanks, Steve p.s.I'm also miffed about Fuel Saver ending, but there's probably no point in getting started on that one. :-)
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi ,

Sorry for the delay.

Did you set up the Direct Debit Online or was it a Direct Debit mandate form we sent to you?

During the application we ask for bank details but this doesn't set up the direct debit. You have to do this separately and depending on when this is completed will determine if the Direct Debit will take on the current bill or start on the next one.

The best thing to do is call our Credit Card team to have a look into this and they can look into waiving the late payment fee too. I suggest that you log a complaint as feedback if you feel that it isn’t clear as we use customer's feedback to improve our systems.

Our Credit Card team can be contacted 24/7 on 0345 300 4278. The options you will have to take will be to press 2 for General Enquiries, type your card number in and then some security. Once you have done this please wait until you have heard your options twice then there will be an option to speak to an advisor as there isn't a function on the automated service for your query.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen - Customer Care

Ps. For I also enjoyed the Fuel Save and was sad to see it be discontinued :-(
    However for more info or to register your feedback on this please feel free to contact the Clubcard team on either of these numbers:

0800 59 1688 (0800 numbers free from any BT landline)
    or
    0330 123 1688 (03 numbers mean that all calls from private telephones, including mobiles, will only be charged at local rate. They will also be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator)