Re: It’s here: Your Community from Tesco Bank

I made a cheque deposit into my TESCO current account, at a TESCO Express store, on Wednesday 27th Sept. 2017. The following Wednesday 4th October 2017 I rang the customer services to enquire when the cheque will have been cleared and was told Friday 6th October 2017. I checked my account, on that day to find it had still not been cleared. I, again, rang customer services to be told it would not be cleared until Monday 10th October 2017 (today). I checked my account again this morning to find the cheque had STILL NOT BEEN CLEARED. I rang customer services this morning, for the third time with the same enquiry, to be told the cheque would be cleared tomorrow, 11th October 2017. I am now concerned what will happen tomorrow. I left my previous bank for similar treatment and can't wait for my cheque to EVENTUALLY be cleared if it ever is.
  • 7 Replies

Employee
    I am really sorry about this , as your cheque should not be taking this long to clear! I'd advise calling us back should the cheque not clear by tomorrow so that we can investigate. Can I ask which store you had deposited the cheque in please?
    As expected cheque still not cleared absolutely disgusting. I rang the bank AGAIN this morning, at 8.45 am, to be told it would be rushed through today. Great, I thought, but by 14.00 hrs still not cleared. I'm only glad I was able to persuade my daughter to think again before transferring to Tesco Bank. I have now waited 14 days, 10 working days, for my cheque to be cleared. I paid the cheque into the Tesco Express Store in Sunderland Tyne & Wear on the 27 September 2017 and I noticed it on my account on 29 September 2017. However it is still not part of my available balance.
    Employee
    I'm really sorry to read that this is still ongoing . Have our team given you an idea about why this has taken so long?
    Hi Scott I was told the cheque had not been sent, from Tesco Express in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, until a week after I made the deposit. Hence it was not due to clear until this Friday (13 Oct. 2017). This makes a complete mockery of the information given to me by various members of staff a the customer service centre. If the cheque was not due to be cleared until 13 Oct. 2017 why was I given three different dates ? I think I might well be safer, and feel more at ease with a high street bank.
    Employee
    I'm really sorry it's taken this length of time for the cheque to clear and for the information given, . Have you raised this for further investigation when you called?
    Thanks for the apology. However due to this being the second mix up with my account, through no fault of my own I doubt very much an investigation would take place. I am of the opinion that If I did ask for this I will be told "we will look into it" and nothing further would be done other than the phone put down and someone say "that's him sorted"
    Employee
    Not at all, . I can totally appreciate your frustration with this! I'd like to raise this with the store you mentioned, as the cheque should not have been sent a week later. Can I ask that you get in touch with us privately as I'd like to put things right; either here using our @Tesco-Bank account or using Facebook (Tesco Bank) or Twitter (@tescobankhelp)?

When sending personal details (via Tesco-Bank) we'll need you to ensure you leave a space between each character - L I K E T H I S. Otherwise you can send them as normal using Facebook/Twitter. Please confirm your full name, DOB and postcode along with your query.