Re: How do I activate my debit card?

So how exactly do I actvate my debit card online ? I have performed the procedure as described , but when I attempt to transfer funds it fails & texts me to say I need to activate it! It then goes on to say that I should ring Tesco on an expensive 0345 telephone number ( and there was I thinking that this was an on-line bank). Is there a geographic phone or 0800 number that I can use ? Can't help but think that this has all been rushed by Tesco which has made evertthing very clunky!
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi @Herbie, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues activating your card. Did you manage to get this resolved? If not, can you please give us a call on 0345 835 3353 so we can activate your card. With regards to call charges, calls to 0345 numbers may be inclusive from landlines and from mobiles. If you haven’t got any inclusive minutes, or they have run out, these calls are charged at a per-minute rate, often known as National rate, but if you wish to check these charges you would need to contact your telephone provider. I hope this information helps.