Provisionally accepted for a loan

Hi, I had an email from Tesco today to say I had been provisionally accepted for a loan for £15000 based on what they know about me as a Tesco bank customer. I have only been provisionally accepted for a loan of this amount but I haven’t applied for one so why have I received this? I might apply as i could shift some debt from credit cards but what info do I need to provide. Will I need to provide my bank statements? I have a credit card with Tesco but my bank is Santander.
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Former Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hello , thanks for getting in touch. You have received this to let you know you can apply for a loan if you'd like to. It is subject to a full application and credit search, and the easiest way to apply is through your online banking. During the application you will need: your bank details, income details, credit or store card limits and current balances, any loan balances and monthly payments, your rent or mortgage payment, 3 years of address history and your current employers address details. I hope this helps! - Caroline
    Community Manager
    Hi - I hope Caroline's response clarified things for you?

Please can you accept the solution so that it's stored for other customers?

Thanks - Sarah