Payment Holiday - Missed payment, Tesco charges & Credit reference agency default logged as a result

Hi Tesco Team, Thanks for all you've been doing to help during this period. Much appreciated. I am, however, experiencing an issue that despite being on a payment holiday, a payment has been registered as missed, you've charged me for this and the credit reference agency has logged this as a missed payment which has now affected my credit rating adversely. Could you tell me who to contact to get this resolved please. Many thanks for all your help and please keep safe! Kind Regards Adam Weldon
  • 2 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi
    How lovely it is to receive appreciation.
    I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing an issue and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    This is information on FAQ's on this site:
    Will my credit file be impacted if I take a COVID-19 payment break?
    Provided your request is solely due to the impact of COVID-19, we’ll make sure there’s no impact on your credit file.
    If you’ve had confirmation that your COVID-19 payment break has been applied then there is nothing to be concerned about.
    There are some letters which will continue to be sent to you including some that suggest you are in arrears and we appreciate that receiving these can be distressing. Unfortunately we have been unable to stop these going out but want to reassure you that you can ignore them as long as you’ve received confirmation that the payment break is in place.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can look into this for you and give you appropriate advice.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Warm wished,
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear about this, but i am delighted to confirm some good news for you ! Tesco Bank has confirmed that in these circumstance, it will "retrospectively fix the credit file" and remove the marks for missed payments.Tesco Bank will also ensure your customer credit scores is not affected, and will return any late-payment fees incurred as a result of the mistake.Kindest Regards, Please "accept as a solution " to clear down, and confirm as resolved