Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
73992members
21191posts

Online transactions and accessing internet banking for people with no mobile phone

Here to Help

Online transactions and accessing internet banking for people with no mobile phone

My mother has a Platinum Tesco Credit Card, but does not have or use a mobile phone. She is disabled and needs to make transactions online.

How may she access her credit card balance and details online?

How may she continue make transactions online with her card when the new mobile phone system comes in.

Is it worth her keeping her Tesco card at all? or would it be worth switching to another company?

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Your Community Expert

Re: Online transactions and accessing internet banking for people with no mobile phone

Hi @NoMobile, thanks for getting in touch. If your mum doesn't have a mobile, she can still register for online banking on our website and view this on a computer/tablet, for example. If you need any help with this please let us know!

Also, new regulations are being introduced to ensure that banks are applying the necessary security when a customer completes a purchase online. Part of the new process will involve us sending a one-time passcode to customers to either their mobile or landline number for purchases that require the additional security to be completed. Your mum will still be able to use her card for transactions online that require the passcode if she provides her landline number as her preferred contact method for this. I hope this clarifies things for you :-)

Here to Help

Re: Online transactions and accessing internet banking for people with no mobile phone

I'm trying to update my contact details for my account to ensure my landlin is correct

I have no mobile phone but your system won't let me update without putting a mobile phone number in

Your Community Expert

Hi @miki1, thanks for your message. So that I can check this, could you message me at Tesco-Bank confirming your full name, DOB and postcode please? - Ainsley

Here to Help

Hi Ainslie

happy to - if I only knew how :-)

How do I message?

Your Community Expert

If you search Tesco-Bank and then choose 'Users', you'll see the profile. Just click that and then you'll see the option to 'Send Message'. I hope this helps - Ainsley