No way to contact Tesco credit when abroad

I Contacted Tesco credit before I left the UK to say that would be Thailand. Today I tried to use the card to pay for a flight but it was rejected. They then send me a text message and tried to ring me do you lot realise that it costs £6 to answer a text message or phone call when in Thailand. I looked on the bank website there no email address to sort this out but call Tesco credit card at £2.75 per minute. Please tell how can sort this out without a very expensive phone call.
    Your unhappy customer
    Mark Pearson
  • 3 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi @wingpara, I'm afraid we don't have an alternative as we do need to complete security on the call which is not currently possible through digital contact methods. however, have you considered using a service like Skype when calling our Credit Card team? They can be reached on +441268 508 027 (24/7). I will also pass your comments on as feedback.
    It's just ridiculous that Tesco credit card don't have an email contact because the cost for me to phone them from Thailand is outrageous considering that I notified them that I was going to be traveling there this is the third time they have done this to me.
    I am so sick and fed up with them that I shall never use there credit card again.
    And by the way you can't phone them on Skype unless you pay to have a Skype premium account so what's the point in that I may as well just call them at £2.75 per minute .
    Your very unhappy customer.
    Mark Pearson
    Well I phone Tesco Bank yesterday it took 11 minutes to sort it out so that cost me £29 for the phone call so if your going abroad don't take your Tesco credit card with you as it could work out to be very expensive if you need to contact them