Making a complaint

As your website just keeps taking me back to the same page everytime I would like to know how I can make a complaint. I've recently got married and contacted you by phone to see how I went about changing my name on my credit card. I was told by yourselves that I would need to send my original marriage certificate as proof of my change of name with a letter stating this and that it would be returned the same way it was sent. I wasn't particularly thrilled with having to send my original certificate off especially as I got married in America and so a replacement would cost a fortune but I sent it Royal Mail Signed For with the request it was processed as quickly as possible. About 2 weeks later I received a letter in the post saying my name had been changed and my new credit card would be with me in the next 7 days but there was no sign of my certificate. I moved house 5 months ago, changing my address first to my parents where I stayed for 3 months then most recently to my new permanent house. Therefore I would love to know why my marriage certificate was delivered to the address I lived at 5 months ago? Luckily the tenant there has kept my number to inform me of any post that may be delivered otherwise I would be none the wiser and would probably never see it again. I have followed the complaints page on the website but can't actually see anywhere I can complain to so would appreciate further information.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi ,

I'm really sorry to hear about that although I'm glad that the tenant passed this back on to you so you got your certificate back. We'll certainly look into what has happened here for you further and I completely understand why you're unhappy with the service you received.

You can complain via telephone or by writing to the relevant department and all of our complaints information and timescales can be found here - http://www.tescobank.com/help/complaints/.

You mention it's for a credit card and that department can be reached on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) and they'll be able to raise this for you officially. Or if you'd prefer, you can write to them addressing your complaint to - Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow G2 9FT.

We can also raise a complaint for you via social media and as we'd need your personal details to do so we'd ask you to either private message us on Facebook or DM us on Twitter and copy the below information but also provide your full name, DOB and postcode too and we'll raise this on your behalf.

- Michelle