Made a Faster Payment, but the transaction isn't showing in my account

I make payments via the app every month. I paid off a large chunk and it was showing as pending but now the transaction has gone missing showing I haven't made a payment yet the money has left my bank account??
  • 5 Replies

I made a faster payment early on Friday morning. My payment is due on the 29th (Sunday). I was told the money would hit my account in a few hours but now have a late payment fee and the money still hasn’t been paid against my card? I have now set up a direct debit to pay my bill each month - it told me the money would be taken out on or around the 29th - does this mean that I won’t get a late payment fee again for future payments? It wouldn’t let me change the payment date so I’m assuming it will be fine?
    Former Community Manager
    Hello , sorry to hear this. When you make a payment over the weekend or after 6pm during the week, it can take up 2 working days to clear in your account. This should be completed by 6pm today, but if not please give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) and my colleagues will be able to assist you.
    Employee
    Hi , thanks for your message. If you set up a direct debit to pay the minimum payment or a set amount each month, it will always collect on the due date as long as the funds are available in your personal account.

In terms of your other payment though, we'd advise to check with your bank to see why this payment hasn't been credited to your credit card, as there shouldn't be this long a delay.
    I made a payment to my credit card using my Tesco debit card on 4.5.18. My card shows my reduced outstanding balance and shows payment received but this is not reflected in my available balance. This is extremely frustrating as I find transfers and payments between tesco accounts very slow. How long will I have to wait?
    Employee
    Hi , sorry to hear about the delays you've experienced with your payments. Unless you've made multiple payments towards the account or have paid an amount that would put the card into credit, debit card payments will clear within two working days. This would mean that the payment should've cleared no later than Tuesday.

If you call our team on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, we can look into this for you and let you know what the issue has been - Scott