Lost interest free period

Hi Team,

I called to set up a direct debit with you over the phone and for some reason this wasn’t working so I called back a few days later to try again and unfortunately still no luck. During this time I did not realise my payment was actually due and therefore missed my payment due date. I made my payment as soon as I realised just a few days later and set up a direct debit online which I believe is functioning fine now. Will I lose my promotional interest rates?
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi , sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your account! If you call our team directly on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, we can look into the payment and your promotional rate. If any charges have been caused by our error, we'll make sure that everything is sorted.
    Hi Scott, thanks for coming back to me. I have reached out to your CS Team on the telephone number you have provided below but have simply been advised that my previous calls made to Tesco Bank for some reason have not been logged and there is therefore no evidence that I have tried to set up my monthly payments on time. This is so incredibly frustrating and really dissapointing in my eyes - Tesco Bank have been great for me so far and I’m really upset with what’s happened here.
    Employee
    We can try and look into this for you . If you send us a private message with your name, DOB and postcode, we can also check on the account. Send the details to , remembering to add extra spaces between the characters l i k e t h i s.
    I have now had a response from Tesco Bank on the complaint I had raised. My payment was due on 28th of the month - first day of the bank holiday weekend. I thought I had a direct debit set up and completely missed this payment until the Following Tuesday (4 days late bank holiday weekend) I made the payment as soon as I realised it hadn’t been deducted from my account. Tesco have now changed me a late payment fee which I feel is fair however have confirmed the removal of my promotional interest free rate and racked this up by 26%! This is so unreasonable and completely unfair - everyone makes mistakes and for such a tiny error I cannot believe such a large company would act so offensively. I will not be stepping foot in another Tesco store again and will be closing this account ASAP - do not use this bank! Who knew our favourite supermarket could be so unsupportive!!!!