Loan applications

I am currently employed by tesco and i applied for a loan online today.
    The decision screen said that they could not make a decision right now and that they would call me in with a decision weird any reason for this or anyone know if this is normal
  • 15 Replies

• Verified Answer

Former Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Terrim, this is a normal process when we can't give you a decision at the time you applied. We’ll send you written confirmation of the next steps in the coming days. If you want to discuss this in further detail, please give us a call on 0345 600 6016. Or if you'd like us to check the status of the application here, please message us privately @Tesco-Bank.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 06-01-21 at 10:27. Reason: process change
    Hi Ross Sorry for messaging you but as you seem to work for tescos loans you may be able to help. I applied for a loan this morning 06/05/17 online and was approved got to the screen to digital sign and enter account details for repayment which was done clicked submit then it came up with an error message. No when i went in to reapply it comes up with i already have a product with tescos and to log in to my account. This loan would have been the only thing i had with tescos. Not Sure if to go somewhere else and dont want multiple credit searches completed on me.
    Hi Ross, Im not sure if i am supposed to message you here but you seem to know everything about the loan process and i couldn't work out how to make my own thread. i applied for a loan yesterday which was accepted in principle and the paperwork will be sent out to me in the post. i have to send it back with a bank statement im guessing to check my income and outgoings. when i filled in the application i put my wages on there but my partner sends £400 a month into my bank account every month. would it be possible for me to write a letter explaining the situation and sending it back with my paperwork as i understand every loan is worked out on a case by case basis. ThanksWes
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues applying for a loan. The simplest way to resolve this would be to give us a call so we can check if we need to run through anything else with you. You can reach us on 0345 600 6016, lines are open Mon - Fri: 8am - 10pm and Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm. I hope this information helps.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @bigwes81, unfortunately we aren't able to take informal regular payments as income when considering your application. However, we’re always happy to accept any information in support of your application if you would like to include this when you're returning your documents.
    Same thing happened to me yesterday! I contacted Customer Services who confirmed acceptance, but I haven't had any kind of acknowledgment by email/text.
    Employee
    Hi , we wouldn't send email/text confirmation that the application has been received as the on-screen message acts as this confirmation. If it has been accepted, you should receive a text once the funds have cleared your account.
    Hi. Very new to this so sorry if I'm on wrong bit.

I've just applied online for a loan. Said approved and sending the agreement out in post for signing. Is this pretty much a formality and all sorted?

Thanks
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @Tinytim2701, I'm unable to confirm if your application was accepted via this channel. However, if you received an on-screen message confirming that you have been accepted then we would only require the requested documents to be signed and returned to us. I hope this information helps.