Did you mean: 
90518members
26143posts

Large refund / positive credit

Highlighted
Little helper

Large refund / positive credit

Hi there, 

With the switch to home working thanks to COVID-19 I've had my annual season rail ticket refunded - to the card I paid with which was a tesco credit card. It's a large refund (in excess of 3k) so will leave my account with a significant positive balance. Will I be able to have this transferred to my current account without incurring charges? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Large refund / positive credit

Hi @chelmsfordboy85, thanks for getting in touch. We can arrange for your credit balance to be refunded but we will need to speak with you to process this. I'm afraid we can't sort this here, as we're for more general information. It would be best to give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (available 24/7) and my colleagues will be happy to help.

Please bear in mind that when we process this type of refund sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed as we'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days. I hope this helps! - Caroline

Highlighted
Little helper

Thanks so much Caroline. Will call once the refund has been applied.
Highlighted
Helping hand

WOW, that's really helpful Tesco, I'm impressed!!

I had a £500 recredited to my Tesco credit card in January, not as much as £3k I know. I left it there and as I spent on my credit card it meant I didn't have to pay anything until I'd used the £500.