Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install the Tesco Banking app on my device

New to this

I can't install the Tesco Banking app on my device

I have a Google Pixel and it says not supported what's the point i.cannot  user   mobile banking

44 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: I can't install the Tesco Banking app on my device

Hi @Pete1769

I am sorry you've had trouble with our mobile app. Some recent troubleshooting allowed another customer install the app on their Google Pixel (not XL) handset by following step 4 of 7 on the link provided below. Might be worthwhile giving this a go.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en#ts=6241336%2C6241346%2C6241382%2C...

Thanks,

Ash

Just Getting Started

I have a Google Nexus 5x and it says the following on Google Play:

My Nexus 5x Android Ver: 7.1.2

Capture.PNG

Please help, I'd like to be able to use this app!

Your Community Expert

Hi @MarcusGloria,

I'm sorry to hear that the App is not downloading, can you confirm if you have attempted the troubleshooting steps from the link mentioned above? I will copy it in this response too - https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en#ts=6241336%2C6241346%2C6241382%2C....

In particular step 4 of 7 has worked for some of our other Google Play customers, please let us know how you get on!

- Michelle

Just Getting Started

Hi @MichelleC I have tried the above and it didn't work. I'm getting this message on my phone:

Screenshot_**sensitive info removed**-163026.png

Your Community Expert

Sorry about this @MarcusGloria, if you've followed the troubleshooting above and it's still not letting you download, it may be that the app simply isn't compatible with the device. If you give our Online Helpdesk a call anytime on 0345 300 3511 we can go through some more troubleshooting with you just to double check this.

Super Browser

Hi!  I have just upgraded my phone for a galaxy s7 edge. The tesco banking app does not work on this device. Sais "something gone wrong. Tgete was a problem retrieving yoyr details..." I actually havent even registered with the new phone...

It does work on my previous device though (galaxy s5) I reinstalled the app as well but does not work. Deleted az neked annyira jó What should I do? Thanks

Your Community Expert

Our app is compatible with the S7, so I'm finding it strange that it's not working for you @moniqa. I am really sorry about this! Can you give us a call on 0345 300 3511, and my colleagues within the Online Helpdesk will troubleshoot this for you. They're available 24/7.

Occasional Poster

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7, it's not rooted. It was brand new. I hardly call that a old phone. Unfortunately loads of companies only keep on top of apps for TOY PHONES. Made by Apple. You know the ones. Phones for Idiots. That is what the I in iPhone stands for. You need to get a developer in who knows about phones for grown ups, such as as Samsung Galaxy s7. It's ridiculous that nobody is trying to fix the app. It probably worked once, then was fiddled around with. I don't take kindly to my phone been classes as old. Google play will allow me to download it, says the app is not comparable with my device. This needs fixing, Once fixed leave it alone. It's not my phones problem, it's a poorly developed app. Don't blame me or my phone, I've been into computers etc since 1980. I know this is the fault of Tesco Bank. I've gone through every possible fix. Nothing I do will allow me to even download the Tesco Bank app. So please don't tell me how to or what to do. Just fix it, then we grown ups, with a grown ups phone, can use it, 😎 Thanks.

Your Community Expert

I'm sorry that you're having issues with this @Paul50uk, The app is compatible with the S7 and I've actually just tested this with a member of the team who was able to download the app and sign in. So we can resolve this for you, please give our online team a call on 0345 300 3511 (24/7).