Definitions/Explanations of all Terms used on Online Banking Account

Hi everyone.I have a Tesco Credit Card but don't get paper statements. Where can I find a list of what all the terms mean.
    For example - I have one that lists a cash fee but I've never taken cash out(!) and I have one that says Interest, yet I'm in an interest free period as far as I understood!

Also, where can I find my terms and conditions that I signed up for the check these things online?
    Are they connected to my account that I can view online?
    Thank you
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    , thanks for getting in touch. There isn't a glossary but the general terms can be found here: https://www.tescobank.com/assets/sec...tions-0518.pdf. There is no 0% period for cash, so this will likely be what the interest relates to. If you check the 'Summary of Balances' section of your statement, this will tell you which aspect of the account the interest has been applied to

We consider the following types of payments to be cash transactions: gambling transactions, wire/ international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, investments, share trading and spread betting. Have you made any of those types of payments? - Joe

Ah ha....I think it may be a Resolut card that I recently signed up to and it asked for a transfer through my Apple ID. I think this may have something to do with it.
    The 12p interest is confusing me though! Have no idea what it refers to
    Your Community Expert
    When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate, this is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid. I expect the interest is for the cash transaction, the 'Summary of Balances' part of the statement will confirm this. If you view this online and scroll down past your transactions, you'll see a breakdown in this section.

When interest is applied, it is charged over two statements. The first statement shows the cash transaction fee and the interest from the date of the transaction until the statement came out. The second statement will show interest accounting for the period between the first statement coming out and the cash balance being paid in full. After this there’d be no more interest applied to this cash transaction – Joe