Credit card covers for purchases over £100

I know that in the terms and conditions it says your covered for purchases over £100 for things like flights, a laptop,a deposit for something as long as the purchase was made in one transaction for over £100.
    Last week I had the unwanted call from travel company to say provider they had used to book my hotel for my summer holiday in 3 weeks had gone into administration. Luckily I got refunded the full amount I'd already paid for hotel which meant I just had to book another hotel. I managed to book the same hotel but my mam told me to use my Tesco credit card so I'm covered as it covers you for things over £100, so I did and paid the deposit for it which was nearly £200.
    My question is... if I pay the full balance off or partial balance off y credit card will I still be covered for the purchase?
    Thank you
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi ,

I'm glad you got the whole amount refunded in the first place, that must have been a relief!

In regards to your query, even when you pay the whole balance off your card this protection will still apply for you - since you've paid more than £100 towards the hotel.
    You can find out more about the protection you have here.
    How do you claim under Section 75? My husband purchased theatre tickets totalling £116.50 using his tesco credit card and we are advised the theatre company has gone into liquidation. Any assistance would be appreciated
    Hello, I purchased a tour to do in from a company in America and I want to raise a section 75 claim how do I go about doing this ....do I send a letter ? Thanks wrote:
    I know that in the terms and conditions it says your covered for purchases over £100 for things like flights, a laptop,a deposit for something as long as the purchase was made in one transaction for over £100.
    Last week I had the unwanted call from travel company to say provider they had used to book my hotel for my summer holiday in 3 weeks had gone into administration. Luckily I got refunded the full amount I'd already paid for hotel which meant I just had to book another hotel. I managed to book the same hotel but my mam told me to use my Tesco credit card so I'm covered as it covers you for things over £100, so I did and paid the deposit for it which was nearly £200.
    My question is... if I pay the full balance off or partial balance off y credit card will I still be covered for the purchase?
    Thank you