Credit card balance transfer

Part of the balance on my Tesco credit card is incurring interest and part is a 0% balance transfer from another credit card. I would like to transfer the part I pay interest on to another 0% balance transfer deal I've been offered, how do I make sure it is the part I pay interest on that is transferred?
  • 6 Replies

• Verified Answer

Former Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi it's listed on your statement what amount of your balance is on the 0% rate and which part isn't. You'll be able to transfer the amount that is accruing interest and you'll be left with the remaining balance that's still on a 0% rate. If you're unsure about this though you can always give our credit card team a call and one of the advisers can confirm this to you before you go ahead and do the balance transfer :smileyhappy:

If you decide to call the number is 0345 300 4278. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 22-01-21 at 15:13. Reason: OH
    I took advantage of the 0% balance transfer a couple of moths ago. I notice that I am incurring interest on purchases I make on the card. This is despite paying the cost of the purchase immediately (I don't mean by the statement payment date; I mean immediately!). I understand the term which said I would incur interest on purchase even if I paid for the purchases in full at the payment date. Do I get charged interest from the date I made the purchase even though I have paid that in full immediately. If so, it stinks! For example I have paid £24+ interest on a purchase of about £500 even though I paid the £500 cost immediately. £24 for a few minutes works out at over 2000%!!! Even Wonga didn't charge that! That means not only is the bank profiting from the transfer fee but also an interest fee. Turns out it's not really a 0% deal! It looks like I'll be getting out soon.
    Employee
    Hi I'm sorry to hear that, we can certainly take a look at that for you to see what's going on.

Can you please send a private message to the account so that we can investigate this further for you. If you click on the username and then in the box near top right "Contact me" click "Send this user a private message".

In the message explaining your situation, include your name, date of birth, postcode and, if you have it, mobile number.

For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system for security purposes.
    Hi I obtained a credit card to do a balance transfer in the last week. At present my statement shows a zero balance rather than the amount of the balance transfer. Is this because I am yet to receive the Tesco card and activate it?
    Employee
    That's right, . Once your card has been received and activated then your balance transfer will complete with 2-3 business days :-)