Covid break made me and my disabled family ill

I have never missed a payment with them and have had the card for years. Going through a rough patch recently with on going surgical problems that have made me semi disabled and vulnerable. My mother is disabled with polio and both my parents have diabetes and are shielding. I have to look after them and my mentally disabled partner. Stress makes me ill and causes me danger to my body. Tesco has sent me 3 letters today. 2 are generic warnings but 1 is a letter saying they have cut my credit amount. So i wasnt near my limit before and have never heard a word from tesco in say 5 years. Now they cut me right to the brink so if I dont pay ill be over my limit. I would of been much better off not taking the break this has caused us all so much stress. We will be forwarding formal complaints to the financial ombudsman and going to the papers if we need to. Disgusting behaviour in the middle of a pandemic. Will never use any of their businesses or product again.
  • 2 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing.I feel you need to send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can look into this further for you.Please click on then 'Send a Message' giving your full name, DoB, & post code.I'm sure someone at Tesco Bank will be only too happy to help.I sincerely hope this helps!!Stay safe & warm wishes.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation and any stress this has caused. I've now replied to your private message so I can help.