Contacting complaints department

I find it so frustrating not to be able to speak to a person, just automated menus.I changed my direct debit from one bank to another and tesco sent the direct debit request to the wrong bank. It was of course returned as it had been cancelled.I had checked the bamnk statements and CCard statements and Tesco said that payment had been received. The bank statements (on-line) were not updated for a couple of days and as soon as they were it became apparent that the wrong bank had the dd request and had returned it. I then made a debit card payment.I now find I am being charged £12 for a returned payment which was Tesc's fault. No doubt I will also be charged for a late payment although I was under the impression that payment had been made.A refund of the charge , I believe , should be made.
  • 11 Replies

I do not really see the point of this community as I want to make a complaint but am totally ignored. It seems to me to be impossible to speak to anyone, just automated menus.I am sure my complaint could be sorted out very quickly but I have a feeling it will drag on forever.Customer service................really!
    Employee
    Hi , I’m sorry you’ve had trouble getting through to speak with an adviser. When you call, press option 2 for general enquiries, enter your card number and security information then you will be given an option of 0 to speak with an adviser on the second play through of options.
    If you make an amendment to the bank details your Direct Debit is being requested from, you would need to carry this out before the assessment period for taking the payment which would be 5 working days before the date your Direct Debit was set to make the payment.
    How was it you amended the details of the Direct Debit? Please send a private message to with your name, DOB and postcode and how you made the change so we can look in to this for you. When entering this information please leave a space between each character of your personal info.
    At last managed to speak to a representative. Problem sorted very quickly and efficiently. My faith in customer service restored
    Employee
    That's great to hear . I'm glad it's all been sorted out, thanks for letting us know.
    All sorted, many thanks to all involved.
    Trying to find a formal way of complaining about service. The web page hyper links just seem to cycle around. Does the web page complaints form exists? If it does what is its path? Or is there an email address for complaints?
    Hi. I had similar problem. I checked my bank account and found that my payment to Tesco credit card had been declined. This was the day after the decline. So immediatley put funds in the bank account to more and cover the payment. I thought this would resolve the issue. Nope it did not. As i had clicked past midnight everybody gives up. Later I get letter saying I have return charge £12 and late payment charge of £12. When the money is there to collect. I phoned up to complain and the call handler just **bleep** walled and said it was the banks fault for not paying. I was trying to that Tesco process for informing of the situation could have been better. As the money was sitting there ready to be collected. An automated txt and/or email just informing me that there was still a problem would have been useful! On the the following day i did get an automated email from Tesco, but it was asking me to transfer the balance of my other credit cards onto my Tesco credit card. This seems rather bad business as i had just failed to pay my monthly minimum! By this point rather angry.Next I tried online conversation. I gave my name, date of birth and postcode. Then waitedwaited a bit morethen some more waiting.True only 3 minutes, but i usually get contacted within seconds when i go a site that has messenger.So really fed up now.Thought i would go to the web site and fill in a complaint!hmmmhttps://www.tescobank.com/sec/help/contact-us/https://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/contact-us/This says contact us by :- messanger (Failed) phone (failed) Community No complaints form! Is there complaints form anywhere is it not required?
    Hi. I had similar problem. I checked my bank account and found that my payment to Tesco credit card had been declined. This was the day after the decline. So immediatley put funds in the bank account to more and cover the payment. I thought this would resolve the issue. Nope it did not. As i had clicked past midnight everybody gives up. Later I get letter saying I have return charge £12 and late payment charge of £12. When the money is there to collect. I phoned up to complain and the call handler just **bleep** walled and said it was the banks fault for not paying. I was trying to that Tesco process for informing of the situation could have been better. As the money was sitting there ready to be collected. An automated txt and/or email just informing me that there was still a problem would have been useful! On the the following day i did get an automated email from Tesco, but it was asking me to transfer the balance of my other credit cards onto my Tesco credit card. This seems rather bad business as i had just failed to pay my monthly minimum! By this point rather angry.Next I tried online conversation. I gave my name, date of birth and postcode. Then waitedwaited a bit morethen some more waiting.True only 3 minutes, but i usually get contacted within seconds when i go a site that has messenger.So really fed up now.Thought i would go to the web site and fill in a complaint!hmmmhttps://www.tescobank.com/sec/help/contact-us/https://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/contact-us/This says contact us by :- messanger (Failed) phone (failed) Community No complaints form! Is there complaints form anywhere is it not required?
    Employee
    I'm sorry to read about the problems you've had with your account . I can see that we've received your message on Facebook and it will be responded to shortly, I'm sorry for the delay.

In terms of making a direct complaint, if you'd prefer, you can send a complaint in writing to our Complaints team using the address Tesco Bank, PO Box 27010, Glasgow, G2 2DR, making sure to include your card number and signature. Otherwise, we can register your complaint via Facebook when my colleague responds to your message.