Contacting complaints department

Having experienced difficulty using my Tesco Credit Card online - it was not accepted by Tesco Direct as it stated my card expired in five days, even though it did not expire until October 2018. Forever the optimist, I contacted Tesco Credit Cards thinking the matter would be easliy resolved. After going through an interminable automated list of options, I eventually found one option where I could actually speak to a person (even though it was not the department I wished to speak to!).Tesco do not have an option where you can speak directly to a member of their customer services team. Having wasted five minutes finding this option,I was then left waiting for a further thirty minutes (Every so often I was told my call would be dealt with!) Giving up in despair, I thought I'd resort to making a complaint only to find out I had to either write to Tesco Credit Cards or contact them using the same telephone number!!! What a joke! It is amazing that in 2015 Tesco is one of a very few companies that does not have either a contact e-mail address or Live Chat. If our calls really matter, why not give us an opportunity to talk to a real person? Customer service?!?!?!
  • 5 Replies

Employee
    Hi 

I'm sorry you're having trouble using your card online. Have you recently received a new card from Tesco Bank? Our Cards are valid for 3 years and without looking into your account it sounds as though a new one has been received.

We do aim to answer all our calls as quick as we can, however depending on our call volumes sometimes this may take longer. We don't offer an email address as this isn't a secure form of communication. You can also contact is via Twitter (@tescobankhelp
    )
    or Facebook with any queries you may have or if you are looking for help.

I understand this isn't convenient, however if you are looking to express your dissatisfaction you would either have to call us on 0345 300 4278 or alternatively you can write to us at:

Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations

PO Box 27028

Broadway One

Glasgow

G2 9FT

Vanessa - Customer Care

Employee
    Hi  and welcome to the community!

That email address doesn't come to Tesco Bank. It can be used to contact other parts of Tesco, like Tesco Grocery or Tesco Direct, but for the bank it would be the methods described above.
    There must be 101 different reasons why people are unable to phone, so the only way for those people is snail mail? I think it's wholly unacceptable in the 21st century that there is no secure messaging facility - and I don't mean just for complaints. (and what's the difference between labels wrote:
    Hi and welcome to the community! That email address doesn't come to Tesco Bank. It can be used to contact other parts of Tesco, like Tesco Grocery or Tesco Direct, but for the bank it would be the methods described above.
    HII JUST FILLED ONLINE FOR OPEN CURRANT ACCOUNT, BUT I HAVE SAVING ACCOUNT TO CHANGE OVE INTO CURRANT ACCOUNT, BUT YOU SAID I SHOULD PHONE YOU ,BUT I CAN`T AS I AM PROFOUNDLY DEAF, SO WHAT I NEED IT FOR ,IT ABOUT MY DLA IN MY SAVING ACCOUNT ,SO I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE INTO CURRANT ACCOUNT ,SO LET ME KNOW BY E-MAIL ,ALRIGHT. THANK YOU YOUR SINCERELY Gordon W Baillie