Changing my address

I've recently moved house and want to change my address for my clubcard credit card with Tesco bank. There doesn't seem to be an option for doing this over the phone, or even in writing? I don't want to register for online banking, so how do I change my address? I've tried calling a couple of customer service numbers, but they don't have the option to change an address, and I've never got through to speak to anyone.
  • 7 Replies

Supervisor
    You can always send a letter to: Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow, G2 9FT Hope that helps :-)
    Employee
    Hi

I am sorry you've had trouble when trying to get in touch to update your address. We can be contacted on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) and if you select option (for general enquiry) then enter your card details you will be presented with a second menu. If you listen to this menu twice then you will be given option to speak with an advisor which should be 0.
    Hello all - Thanks for the advice. I did write a letter to the address, but recently got a statement redirected from my old address, so called using the way that Ashleigh (thank you!) suggested. The person on the phone told me Tesco Credit Card do not accept a letter as a way of changing your address, so the letter had been sitting there for almost a month while they sent a letter to my old address! I thought this was quite odd as most banks will accept a signed letter. Just to let you all know, if you do want to change your address, do it by phone. Press 0 to speak to someone, rather than waiting for a possible option, because there isn't one. So Tesco don't accept a signed letter to change address, and they don't give you a phone option to do it, unless you know you can press 0 to speak to someone. Not excellent customer care.
    Employee
    Hi @vbell44 and thanks for mentioning this. You're right that we don't update credit card addresses by letter and we'll make sure to change Ash's response in line with this.

We'll also make sure to pass on your feedback about this and how it could be improved for the future.
    In none of that does it mention about online banking and nor does it give the phone number to do this by phone either. I agree, it's not great customer service to be told the wrong thing, it's less than ideal to have online banking where to do anything particularly useful you can't follow any process online. Doing this is telephone banking, not online banking. I'm not happy with having to call some number instead of doing this online, sadly though Tesco is not alone in this. I guess it's a security thing. How do those not able to use a phone, like my dad with a form of motor neurone disease and who finds talking near impossible supposed to do this? Anyway, the needs of the many outway those concerns I guess. I am also not impressed that almost all of the answers that get displayed here are from 2015 and those all say to do this online. It takes some effort to find that you haven't missed something on a webpage and that it is no longer there. Old, now incorrect, answers shouldn't really be the current solutions offered here in my opinion.
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. You can certainly update your address online for your credit card account, I have attached a link below which outlines how to do so. If you have another type of account with us, please let me know and I'll assist you with this too.

How do I update my address, email and phone number for my credit card online?
    Changing address - how complicated and more importantly what you suggested it doesnt work!!Honestly this website is awful. You have no section for Profile which other banks do ..I'll have to write ...inky spent 20 mins trying to navigate this one !!!!!Unhappy investor