Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95078members
28634posts

Can a retailer challenge a Section 75 claim?

Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Can a retailer challenge a Section 75 claim?

Hi @mns1971 , that's excellent news, as i expected ! 👍

In this instance a section 75 claim was not required, as the refund was agreed by the retailer.

I would be grateful if you can close down for me, as an "acceptable solution".

I'm truly happy that you've got your refund,

Best wishes, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Here to help

@CSKBrambles 

Before do accept.  Can you please confrim, my private message says:

"All claims just have to be confirmed with the retailer first to ensure they don’t have any reasons we are not aware of about not refunding."

As I have the refund, does this mean that it has been checked with the retailer?  If so why does my text message say the retailer has 45 days to challenge?

Regards @mns1971 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971 

That's correct, 

I'm pleased confirm it has been checked, the retailer agreed to refund without the need to proceed with a section 75 claim nor challenge.

Kindest Regards, and best wishes, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971 

I'm really pleased for you that you have your refund back in your account.

Your Private Message is just a preliminary to check with the 3rd party, its pretty standard.

As you have the money back in your account then they have already done their checks and did not need to do a Section 75.

Warm wishes, @25H 

Highlighted
Here to help

Hi @CSKBrambles and @25H 

Thanks for the updates.  However I am still not convinced that the retailer will not challenge.  I have heard of instances where a chargeback has been clawed back.  As I said my text message said that I will get the refund (which I have) but the retailer has 45 days to challenge it.

Regards

@mns1971 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Thanks @mns1971
It’s not possible for the company to challenge once the refund has been agreed.
If you wish to leave your query open that’s fine, no problems.
Best wishes, @CSKBrambles
Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971

I can fully understand your scepticism and cautiousness.

However you would not have received your refund if there was any chance of it being clawed back.

To put your mind at complete ease you would need to wait the 45 days, which would take you to the end of August, which of course you can do.

Warm wishes, @25H 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @mns1971 

To your question, yes a retailer can challenge a section 75 claim.

However this does not apply with your refund, as it was not processed by a section 75 claim, hence there is nothing to challenge. 

Your refund is dated the 28th February, therefore any opportunity to claw back expired on the 14th April.

Kind Regards, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Here to help

Hi @CSKBrambles  and @25H 

I'm glad I've haven't accepted this thread as a solution. I've just had an email from the cottage company (retailer) to raise that action is being taken direct against them on a chargeback.  Clearly Tesco has refunded me before contacting the retailer.  They are now questioning the chargeback.  Therefore the previous advice I was given is incorrect.

Please advise what happens next.

Regards

mns1971

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @mns1971, if you are raising a chargeback or a section 75 claim as these are 2 separate types of claims do the process for both is different, this may have been were the confusion lies. If you need me to clarify anything on your account, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank.