Admin fee!

I recently sold my car which was insured via tesco, i am purchasing a brand new car and did not have the delivery date confirmed from the garage therefore I am currently carless yet paying to insure a car I no longer have and tesco want £20 admin fee to change the vehicle.
    Whilst I appreciate that admin fees are in places so that people arent continously switching cars will nilly, i think its grossly unfair to profit from me as I am paying for insurance cover that I dont need and then have to pay an admin fee to switch over.
    I feel exploited and am told I have to wait 4 days for someone to get back to me on my complaint? Surely human intervention and common sense should prevail over process here??
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi @emkenders, I'm sorry that you feel this way and have to wait for a response for your complaint. You can find all details about how we process complaints including timescales in the following link. So I can look into this further, please send a message to @Tesco-Bank, In the message explaining your situation, include your name, date of birth, postcode and, if you have it, policy number.

For details like your DOB, postcode and policy number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 otherwise the information is removed by the system.