Online banking

Online banking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed transactions and Chargebacks

I bought something but it is faulty, damaged or not as described

Before we can assist you, you’ll need to contact the retailer to try and resolve the dispute. If something you bought was delivered damaged, you must report this to the retailer immediately.

If you can’t resolve the dispute with the retailer, we may be able to help.

You can phone us on 0345 300 4278 (Credit Cards) or 0345 835 3353 (Current Accounts) – just make sure that you have the following information available:

  • Your credit card number or your sort code and account number
  • The date and merchant name on the transaction you want to dispute (you can find this on Online Banking, the Mobile App or your paper statement)

We’ll ask you to provide a description of the goods and details of what is wrong. In some cases, we will ask you to provide evidence from an independent expert confirming the problem.

You will also need to attempt to return the goods to the merchant and we may ask you to provide proof of this.

Calls may be recorded. *This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.