Select Move money out on your Account Overview and go to the International section of the Move money out page. To transfer money to an account you've paid into before:
* Choose the payee from the drop-down menu, then Continue
* The exchange rate, international payment fee and payment date will be shown
* Enter a reference so the payee will know the payment is from you, complete the amount either in GBP or the foreign currency, then Continue
* Check and Confirm your payment details To transfer money to an account you've not paid into before:
* Select NEW PAYEE, complete the payee's name and address and their SWIFT/Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and International Bank Account Number (IBAN), then Continue
* Select the payee from the drop-down menu and follow the instructions above to complete the payment
Please note: the person you're paying needs to give you their SWIFT/Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and International Bank Account Number (IBAN). There will be a fee when you make an international payment, of £10 per transaction for European countries and £20 per transaction anywhere else. The fee is dependent on the country you're sending the payment to and will be confirmed before you make your payment.
Please note: check with the other bank to make sure they do not apply any additional charges. For more information on our international charges, please see our fee FAQ.