Text Messages

I appreciate that Tesco Banking may have thought that they were being helpful when they texted customers to alert them to the recent problems with the current accounts being hacked. What I don't appreciate is being texted at night when I am asleep, I think this is totally unacceptable. Apart from the fact that Tesco made Monday a very difficult day to cope with, this has had a knock on effect and disrupted my sleep pattern. I got to bed at approx midnight on Sunday & was woken by Tesco at 4.28am, annoyed I managed to get back to sleep only to be woken with an identical message at 4.57am, I never got to sleep again after the 2nd message. This meant Tuesday night I was exhausted and went to bed very early, which also meant I woke very early, so Tuesday too was a rubbish day. I am still not back to my normal routine. This might seem a very trivial complaint but as a carer for my mother & son, I am on the road, driving when I'm tired, something I really don't like to do. To make matters worse this event was following a recent event when Tesco Mobile had decided to text me in the middle of the night to tell me I'd used all my data allowance, apparently they have no control over when text alerts are sent. Apologies are pointless when nothing is done to resolve the problem ( yes I guess I am assuming I will get a pointless apology from Tesco Bank) but as Tesco Mobile said it is the system, so I assume it is your system too. Something needs to change. There must be hundreds if not thousands of customers like me, who dislike being woken up during the night. Systems can be adapted. An apology means nothing. The welfare of your customers does. By the way I already knew about the banking problem as Tesco had already texted me at 17.51 on the Sunday and yes I had read it, I didn't need the same message 3 times.
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi @Ginger

I'm really sorry to hear about the impact this had for you. I hope things have settled for you since sending the message, but I completely understand why getting the messages at these times would disturb your routine.

We do take the security of our accounts very seriously, but we also want to make sure that we aren't adding extra stress to the lives of our customers.

Would you be able to send a private message to our Tesco-Bank account with your name, DOB and postcode so we can pass on the details of your experience? When you send your information, please leave extra spaces between the characters, e.g. A B 1 2 C D
    Its probably staring me in the face but how do I send a private message please?
    Employee
    Hi @Ginger

If you head to the Tesco-Bank user page, there should be a box on the right of the screen saying "Contact Me". The option for sending a private message is there :-)