Ridiculous

I recently (within last 2 weeks) won a prize draw on one of the survey sites (have won with the same site before, approx 2 years ago) for £2700 WOW!!!! With 4 kids at home and 2 month to Christmas this money is very very welcome!! I received a notification email and then a confirmation email confirming I HAD REALLY WON, these were followed by a phone call to see how i wanted the money paying to me and for them to check all my details were upto date. I had to give my account number and sort code for them to make the payment into my tesco current account as the one they held was now out of date. (The last time i won anything with the same company (2years ago) they deposited the money into my HSBC account within three working days no problems at all) They told me during our conversation that it would take up to three days to get my winnings and that was it, congratulations on your win Miss Stretton!!!Fast forward to Monday and the payment was sent to my tesco current account. This is when everything went badly wrong. I received an email Monday afternoon and a text asking me to get in touch asap about my account which i immediately did. After 35 minute hold I got to speak to someone. I was asked if I was expecting any money coming into my account today which i told them I was expecting a £2700 prize to go into my account and then told them where it was from. I was then asked if I had set up any new payments which I replied no, not recently. Apparently my money was being sent back to the sender by a payment i didnt make. **bleep**??? The person speaking to me immediately was able to stop this payment going through and put back in my account. Obviously someone had gained access to my online account and had set up a payment to take this money back from me. Why or when or how?? I didnt know. After being a fraud victim in the past I am now extremely carefull (prob a bit over careful) about all my bank account details etc, and I had certainly NOT sent the money back to anyone?? I was told they would have to put me through to a different team to sort all of this out for me. Another 30+ minute wait followed..... I was put through to someone from security team and they said an investigation would have to be made into how someone gained access to my account and unfortunately for me my account would be restricted for the time being. At this point i was beginning to become upset and afraid i wouldnt be able to get my benefit payments and told the person this. They told me i would have to go into store to make an emergency cash withdrawal of my benefits which would go in on the tuesday and wednesday following, which i did. I havent had any further contact or update from anyone, I have answered their questions honestly and after being locked out of my online banking have reset passwords and numbers and everything. When i log in it shows the payment has been returned back into my account and reflects in my Balance but not in my available balance, why is this?? A new debit card has noe been ordered (no idea why or what issues came up with the one i have?) so now not only am i not able to spend any of my winnings im not able to use my card anywhere at all and the only way of getting some cash is to walk (dont drive) the 7 miles to nearest tesco to make the emergency cash withdraweals of my benefits!!!!!!!!!!I feel so upset and let down, Im being made to feel like its me thats done something wrong, I just dont get it all? I cant get in touch with anyone to ring me as i dont have call credit left and the prospect of 7 mile walk is making me sick today, i wouldnt make it!! I just want what is mine, nothing less. The top and bottom of it is I won some money (which is going to mean so much to me and my family) but I cant have it because Tesco Bank say so.......
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi , I'm really sorry to hear that, can you please privately message us with your full name, DOB and postcode so that we can look into this further? - Michelle
    Just sent a pm. Or even if someone can request a call back?? Id appreciate it.
    Employee
    Thanks! Did you send this to ? - Michelle