Really Poor service!

I applied for a Tesco back on 15/03/17 and received nothing from them until a text 9 days later saying "good news, your loan has been approved, we've sent you some documents to sign and return. Subject to final checkes we'll pay your money to your nominated bank account". So I called to ask what rate I had been offered, ony to be told by Jed that they actually needed my bank statements showing all my outgoings. He said he couldn't tell me the rate as this was subject to me bank staement etc!!!! why??Also that they had sent me a letter the day after my application asking for these. So again I waited and waited and still nothing arrived in the post. So on 28th March 2017 I received the same text as above so I called again and spoke with Amy. This time she advised that they had changed their minds and didn't need my bank statements and my offer rate was 11.7%. The documents duly arrived today 4h April 2017 just needing me to sign. In between all of this I sent two emails to Tesco bank CEO Benny Higgins and I've not received a reply from either. To be honest I would have probably accepted the rate but after all this time, mis-advice and and hassle Tesco can keep their loan as I have been offered a better rate elsewhere. Really poor customer service all round and I wonder how they survive. After typing this I sending it all off to the Financial Ombudsman to see what they think and advise - don't bother asking for a loan with them as you'll be waiting until xmas before you hear back and be advised different things!
  • 2 Replies

Financial Ombudsman complaint ref JOHNSO004** just raised.
    Employee
    I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your application @Petergj and we'd like to look into this for you. Could you send us your name, DOB and postcode to ?

When you send your DOB and postcode, add additional spaces between the characters and we'll be able to check on the application and the emails that you've sent.